Monday, October 3, 2016

Mind Dump Monday: I Just Needed To Write Something

 photo MindDumpMonday_zpstibxnmhx.jpg

One of the most difficult things about blogging (for me, at least) is finding the time and motivation for it. That's definitely been the case lately.

Sometimes I can't come up with anything interesting to write about. And, while that's frustrating, I can eventually come up with something. Other times (like now), I have several ideas for posts ... I just can't seem to bring myself to sit down and work on them. Then I start to feel completely overwhelmed because I allow myself to get so far behind on anything even remotely related to blogging. And then I start to hate it.

So ... That explains my absence lately. 

I keep trying to get back into some sort of routine, but things are probably going to be very feast or famine around here for the next couple of months because fall seems to be the busiest time of year for me. Between my mom's upcoming visit, my anniversary trip with Eric (I'll talk about this a little more in a future post, but we finally booked everything!), and any random fall activities, October and November are pretty packed.

I'm going to try to get a few posts written and up this week (but no promises), so I'll go into a little more detail about what's been going on with me lately at that point. For now, I just wanted to post this as kind of a "Hey, I'm still around. I know I've been a shitty blogger lately, but I'll try to eventually get back into some sort of groove." thing.

I had to start somewhere, I guess.


3 comments:

  1. I'm the same; I haven't felt the need to blog but I do when I want to. seems that people are getting out of the summer slump only to be greeted by busy fall things so blog when you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for booking your trip!
    i mean, you do you, obviously, always, but i used to be like that as well, and it wasn't until i really started telling myself to shut up and just let it be a hobby that i stopped hating it. because you can't control life and you can only do so much. i want to like this and i want to enjoy it, forcing myself to do it or letting myself become overwhelmed doesn't help anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it is fun and entertaining, do it. When it is overwhelming and stressful, don't. I know that sounds like a simplistic approach, but I adhere to it.

    ReplyDelete