Thursday, October 2, 2014

Monthly Personal Challenge Link-up: September Results

Not Entirely Perfect


The time has come to share the results of my September fitness challenge, and, if I'm being completely honest, I didn't stick with it the way I hoped I would.

To recap, my original goals were as follows:

1.  Continue going to my regular gym classes (which include yoga, BodyFlow, and BodyPump).  The plan was to attend at least 3 classes each week.

2.  Incorporate at least 1 day of cardio into my weekly routine.

3.  Start using MyFitnessPal again to keep track of my workouts and (if I had time to log it) what I was eating.

So how did I do?

1.  I went to 11 of my regular classes during the 30 days of September.  Since I usually have 3-4 classes each week, that means I went to 11 out of 17 that were offered (no classes were held on Labor Day).  I didn't think that sounded too bad until I did the math and realized I only attended 64.7% of my regular fitness classes.  That's not really that great.

2.  I started off really strong with my cardio goal, walking and/or jogging 3 times during the first week of the month.  And then ... I think I just sort of let this goal slide.  I literally only did cardio 1 additional time during the entire month.  I wish I'd tried harder to stick with this because I felt really amazing after each walk/jog.

3.  Despite the fact that I didn't achieve my other two goals, I was pretty diligent when it came to using MyFitnessPal.  This was actually really good for me since it made me realize I should make some changes to my diet (and the amount of food I eat) if I want to lose weight (and I do).  It also made me think a little more before eating snacks or drinking sugary coffee drinks since I actually had to see my available calories for the day take a nosedive.  (Let's be honest, though ... It made me think about my decision a little more, but 90% of the time I said, "Fuck it, I want this!" and ate or drank it anyway.  I have no self control.)

Overall, my results weren't completely awful ... I just feel like I could have done much better.

The theme for October's personal challenge is food.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do, but I have a couple of ideas.  I'll try to make a decision later this evening and share those goals in a quick post tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. […] Yesterday I shared the results of my September fitness challenge, and at the end of that post I promised I would post my goals for this month’s personal challenge link-up today. […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like everyone lets the cardio goal be the one that slides. I know I do!

    Congrats on your use of My Fitness Pal. I know it can be a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really let everything slide this last week. It was a busy week (and weekend), and I didn't make it to the gym at all. I also didn't bother logging anything in MyFitnessPal. (And, to be honest, I probably wouldn't even want to see how many calories I consumed this weekend!)

    I'm hoping I can get back into a more regular routine this week. Reading this comment (and rereading this post) has actually inspired me to work harder on my fitness goals. So thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete