Monday, March 30, 2015

Playlist: March 2015

As the month of March draws to a close, we're beginning to see more sunshine and warmer weather with the change of the season. And, despite the fact that I actually love cold weather (I know, I know), I thought it would be fun to celebrate the start of spring with a playlist full of hopeful songs.

 photo March2015Playlist_zpsuy0pvfr9.jpg

This playlist was actually really challenging for me to put together. If you've checked out any of my previous playlists, you've probably noticed that I typically listen to a lot of really sad and/or angry music. I found myself second guessing almost every song I wanted to add because, to be honest, some of these songs are actually kind of sad. 

As I was listening to these songs, though, I came to the realization that everyone finds hope in different things. Music is so subjective, and I think that's one of the reasons I love it so much. I love finding meaning in even the most cryptic lyrics, though I'm often guilty of applying them to my own life. And even though I'm always fascinated by what actually inspired each song (and actively seek out any information that's available), I think it's more fun to come up with your own interpretations. (I will say that I never look up any information about a song's true meaning until I've already come up with my own. And sometimes I'm actually spot on!)

With that being said, I considered sharing why I chose each song for this playlist (like I did last month) but then decided against it since it takes more time than I'm currently willing and able to put into this post. Since I'm not sharing my "deep thoughts" on each song, you may listen to some of these songs and think I'm insane for thinking they're hopeful ... But every song on this list gives me that feeling every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment