Monday, January 19, 2015

The Random Things That Run Through My Mind ...

My brain didn't want to work today, so I decided to recycle a post from my old blog.  (No one but Eric ever read it anyway, so it's practically the same as coming up with a completely new idea.)

About a year and a half ago, I wrote a post about random thoughts that cross my mind a lot.  As I was rereading this post, I realized that it's still completely applicable ... And that's why I decided to post it here (with a few minor edits).

RandomThings
I decided to post this really awkward picture of myself because I didn't know what else I should use for a post like this.


1.  Random song lyrics.  I almost always have a song in my head.  Sometimes the same song will be stuck with me for days on end, while other times I'll go from one song to another to another to another in a matter of minutes.  I used to think that it was normal to always have a song stuck in your head, but apparently that isn't true ... Eric once told me he almost never gets songs stuck in his head.  Weird.

2.  My ongoing to do list.  It seems like I always have tons of things to do (whether I want to do them or not).  Sometimes it's something I actually do enjoy (like updating my blog or going to a yoga class), but a lot of the time it's something tedious (like cleaning or laundry).  Whatever the case, I always mentally run through my daily (or weekly) to do list multiple times to ensure I don't forget anything.

3.  Worries.  I'm crazy when it comes to worrying about random shit.  It doesn't matter what it is ... If there's a 0.0001% chance a bad thing will happen, I will worry about that bad thing.  It's pretty ridiculous.

4.  Specific people and moments in time.  I don't know if this is "normal" or not, but I replay certain moments (which obviously involve certain people) in my mind like it's an ongoing movie.  Sometimes these are happy memories, but sometimes they're not.  I wouldn't say I constantly dwell on any specific moment(s), but sometimes something triggers a memory (like hearing a particular song or realizing it's an old friend's birthday) ... And then I continue thinking about it for a while.

5.  Writing ideas.  I always have tons of plot ideas floating through my head.  Unfortunately, I typically get these ideas at inconvenient times (like when I'm driving, working, etc.) and don't always have the time (or remember!) to write them down later.  If I do happen to get the idea written down, I then spend a lot of time agonizing over every detail.  (This perfectionism is one of the main reasons I rarely finish any of my creative writing projects.  The other main reason is that I'll get a major case of writer's block and/or just not really know where I want the story to go.)

6.  Sex.  Yeah, I said it.  I'm a woman and I regularly think about sex.  I know, I know ... Shocking!

7.  The future.  This is actually less about worries, and more about what I picture for myself in 5 years, 10 years, etc.  It's usually kind of scary (I mean, most of those pictures include a kid), but it's also kind of fun to think about the way I want my life to be in the future.

So there you have it ... 7 random things that run through my mind on a regular basis.  If anyone reading this feels like commenting, what random things do you regularly think about?

No comments:

Post a Comment