Friday, May 8, 2015

Sleep Less, Read More: My May Goals

 photo 38613a949317404994319a2f648695f1_zpsyvrjd6hl.jpg
























As I said in my last post, this month's personal challenge is all about reading.

I was really excited when I initially saw the theme for this month because, as you may have noticed from my participation in the Show Us Your Books! link-up, I love to read. I was hoping that this challenge would push me to get through more books in a shorter time frame since I'm already behind schedule with my 50 book reading goal. However, after a somewhat last minute trip to Florida was planned, I knew that probably wouldn't happen. I plan to read on the plane, but I doubt I'll be reading much while I'm there since we're trying to cram a bunch of shit into just a few short days.

Because of that, I decided to keep my goals pretty simple this month. I still may not achieve all of them, but at least they're not so ambitious that I'm just setting myself up for failure.

 photo May2015Goals_zpshinzmkmr.jpg
I'm totally kidding about the title of this post, by the way. However, the e-Card I posted above completely describes me ... So maybe the title is kind of true?

My May 2015 Goals:


1.  Read and comment on blogs more often. Lately I've been letting the posts pile up in Bloglovin, and I really need to get caught up. When I log in and see that I have 300+ unread posts, I immediately think, "How am I ever going to get through all of these?" and then I lose all motivation to read any of them. And since I'm not reading a lot of blogs regularly these days, I'm also not commenting much. I'd like to change that.

2.  Read at least 3 books this month. I should be averaging 4 books each month anyway to stay on track with my 50 book goal for the year, but I'm already 5 books behind schedule (according to Goodreads). Clearly it isn't always easy for me to find the time to read.

3.  Get a library card. I'm going to be completely honest and say that I'm embarrassed that this is actually something I need. I used to go to the library with my mom at least once or twice a week when I was younger. I obviously utilized the library when I was in college. After college I got into the habit of just buying books (or borrowing them from friends). And after moving a couple of times (first to Wisconsin and then to Nebraska), I just sort of forgot about getting a library card. Now I'm realizing that I should definitely have one. Not only will it save me money, but it will also force me to read my books more quickly since I actually have a deadline.

I feel like these are pretty realistic goals for this month, but we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment