Friday, May 1, 2015

New Restaurant 3/12 in 2015: Lot 2

Eric and I both love breakfast/brunch food, so it was only a matter of time before we added a brunch place to our list of "new to us" restaurants this year. (If you're interested, you can read about the other "new to us" places we've tried in 2015 here and here.)

Our interest in Lot 2 began when Eric was searching for a place for dinner a couple of weeks ago. We ended up not going out that weekend at all, but I thought their brunch menu looked really good so I suggested we try it soon. We decided that this last weekend would be a good time to go, and I made a reservation last Tuesday. (If you're ever in the Omaha area and want to try this place, I highly recommend making a reservation a few days in advance. It's a small space and it remained completely packed the entire time we were there.)

Lot 2 is a trendy place with a hipster vibe, but I don't think anyone could feel out of place there. There was a good mix of people of all ages, and the servers were incredibly friendly and helpful when Eric had questions about some of the specialty brunch cocktails. And when he didn't love the cocktail he originally ordered, our waitress was quick to bring the drink menu back so he could get something else. When it took a while to get the second drink, she offered to take that off our bill as well. We obviously didn't hit the place up with the expectation of a free drink, but it was very much appreciated.

The best part of our experience, though, was the food. I decided to be adventurous and ordered the fried chicken and waffles. I've never eaten chicken and waffles before, and I think I've been missing out. Lot 2's version was amazing. And even though Eric's meal of smoked salmon was delicious, at least a couple of times during our meal he said, "I'm definitely getting that next time," while staring longingly at my plate. I was actually a nice wife during brunch and let him have not one, but two whole bites of my meal! That's probably normal for most people, but I'm usually like this:

 photo tumblr_ls90ihUbol1r21bdno1_250_zpsrubn6dn0.gif



























I wish I were kidding. (I also wish I could figure out why I can't shift this block of text completely to the left. I've tried everything and I now I give up.)

Anyway, moving on to the pictures from our brunch. As I said before, everything was delicious. We'll definitely be going back again soon!

 photo Lot2Brunch4_zps4p7nvj7w.jpg
I had a couple of these mimosas and they were perfect.


 photo Lot2Brunch6_zpspxy4qjzj.jpg
This was Eric's first cocktail (the one he didn't like). It was called Beer and a Smoke and unfortunately it tasted a little too smoky ... Kind of like drinking a beer with a cigarette butt dunked in it.

 photo Lot2Brunch3_zpsegqsluai.jpg
This was Eric's replacement cocktail, Muddy Waters. This one had a cold brew coffee base, and he liked it a lot more.

 photo Lot2Brunch1_zpsllmoj34h.jpg
This is the smoked salmon dish Eric ordered. It was almost like a mix between a crepe and an omelet, and it was delicious.

 photo Lot2Brunch2_zpselik2epb.jpg
The star of the brunch, the fried chicken and waffles. The maple syrup was infused with bourbon and holy shit was it good!

 photo Lot2Brunch5_zpsumwm5bu3.jpg
Eric decided he had room for a cinnamon bun, so he finished his meal off with this. This is the only thing I didn't try since I don't like cinnamon buns. He said it was awesome, though, so I'll take his word for it.

















































































































































































































































































And finally I'll end this post with a random collection of pictures that Eric and I took after we got home from Lot 2. Because, well, why not?

 photo SundaySillyCollage_zpsi0ldjo76.jpg
I guess I should have checked my hair before we took these, but oh well. I'm posting them anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment