Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Cookies and Cream Fudge

I just realized I haven't posted a dessert recipe since December. This probably isn't that surprising since I'm not really known for my ability to make amazing sweet treats. I'd like to push myself out of my comfort zone a little more often and try to make more desserts, but honestly it's just so much easier to buy them at a bakery or grocery store.

Once in a while, though, I find a dessert recipe that's simple enough for me to tackle. These recipes are typically of the "no bake" variety, and the fudge recipe I'm sharing today is no exception.

This fudge is a delicious mix of white chocolate and crushed Oreos. It's rich and decadent (so probably not the kind of thing I should be sharing as we're entering bathing suit season), and, as I said before, it's very easy to make. Seriously ... If I can make it, anyone can!

 photo CookiesandCreamFudge_zpssd98kbtp.jpg
I don't think any picture can do this fudge justice. It's just so good!











































Cookies and Cream Fudge

A recipe from Love From The Oven.

Ingredient List:
  • 3 6 oz. packages white chocolate baking squares
  • 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
  • 18-22 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed (I used 22 cookies and crushed them by placing them in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and smashing them with a can. I could have used my food processor, but this method didn't require any additional cleanup.)
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
Instructions:

1.  Line an 8x8 inch pan with wax paper and spray the paper with cooking spray. Set the pan aside.

2.  Combine the white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and sea salt in a large saucepan.

3.  Allow the mixture to melt over low heat, stirring regularly to prevent clumping and burning. (As in my last fudge recipe, I recommend sticking close to the stove while you're melting the chocolate.)

4.  After the chocolate mixture is completely smooth and melted, remove the pan from the burner and stir in the crushed Oreos.

5.  Pour the chocolate and Oreo mixture into the prepared pan, spreading it as evenly as possible.

6.  Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the fudge to set. (As with my other fudge, I left this in the fridge for about 2.5 hours.)

7.  After the fudge has set, remove the pan from the fridge. Lift the fudge out of the pan using the wax paper, then cut the fudge into pieces. (I got 20 pieces of fudge from the batch I made.)

If you're a fan of the cookies and cream combination, you should definitely try this fudge. The Oreo flavor is strong without being overwhelming, and the fudge is rich and delicious. And, as I said before, it's a ridiculously easy dessert ... It's perfect for those of us who aren't amazing bakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment