Friday, November 6, 2015

Challenges and Christmas Shopping: My November Goals

I'm not going to lie ... I'm already completely checked out. I scheduled this post in advance since Eric and I are already enjoying our first full day exploring New Mexico. (I'm planning to share some photos throughout the trip on Instagram, so you can follow along there if you want to check in and see what we're up to!)

Since I'm obviously not that into setting goals this month (because, let's be honest, I probably won't do a great job sticking with them!), I'm going to keep things simple.

 photo November2015Goals_zpsymeu2jbc.jpg

My November 2015 Goals:


1.  Read at least 5 books for the Semi-Charmed Winter 2015 Book Challenge. I think this is totally doable, especially since I have several days off work this month. I picked up a few of the books from my list at the library prior to leaving for our trip, so I'm definitely planning to get some reading done while we're out of town. I'd love to be one of the first to finish (though that probably won't happen since I just don't read as fast as some people)!

2.  Finish the Fall Film Challenge with at least 10 total movies watched. This means I'd only have to watch 3 more movies from my list this month, which, again, I think is totally doable. I'm obviously not going to finish all 25 movies, but I'd at least like to get through 10.

3.  Finish at least 50% of my Christmas shopping. I've been terrible about waiting until the last minute to do my Christmas shopping the last couple of years, and I'd love to avoid the last minute crunch this year. I don't even have that many people to buy for (especially since we're trying a new Secret Santa sort of thing with Eric's family this year), so it (hopefully!) shouldn't be that difficult.

And that's it. I'm not going to make any healthy eating/fitness goals this month. Between Thanksgiving and New Mexico, I can pretty much guarantee those things won't be top priorities. I'm also not going to make any major blog-related goals this month because I know I won't be able to keep up with it as much as I'd like while I'm away. I promise I'll reply to any comments/emails as soon as I can, though!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! Nothing helps like getting the shopping done early. December is too crazy with so many other things to still have a ton of shopping on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyyyyyyyyy have fun and good luck with all the goals! you can do the shopping easy peasy, do it all online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Ally Hughes in that pile. Hope you like it!!!

    I think sometimes it's good to only set a small number of goals, especially during a busy month. I'm terrible with holiday shopping but thanks to Amazon, I can get 90% of it done in one day. And I don't even have to put on pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about trying to eat healthier and thought hmm, maybe this isn't a good time of year for that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. All totally doable goals...and all goals that if you don't get them done, it's not the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey there! i haven't checked in with you in AGES. could you tell me what films you've seen so i can do a final update on the tally?

    ReplyDelete