Monday, December 29, 2014

Playlist: December 2014

We're nearing the end of the month, so I thought it was time to post my December 2014 playlist.  As I was trying to determine what my theme should be, I started looking through some of my old playlists on Grooveshark only to realize that several of them were missing songs.  I spent some time adding the songs back to those playlists and properly reorganizing them, but I was really annoyed by this.  I mean, it doesn't take that long to throw a playlist together, but the fact that I did take the time to do it only to find out a few months later that some of the songs mysteriously vanished bothered me.

I liked using Grooveshark for blog playlists, but if this is going to continue to happen, I don't want to use it anymore.  (Not to mention the fact that some of the songs, albums, and even band/artist names are misspelled ... Though that probably only bothers me since I'm such a freak about that sort of thing.)  I'll be using that site for this month's playlist, but I'm definitely open to any suggestions of a better, more reliable site for future playlists.

I would like to note that while I love Spotify (and use it on a daily basis), I'm not open to using it for blog playlists.  My account is linked to both my personal Facebook and full name, and, despite the fact that I'm pretty open about a lot of things on my blog, I'm not comfortable sharing that information.  There may be an option to create a new account, but I'd prefer not to.  I am, however, open to any other suggestions!

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'll return the focus to my December playlist.  I decided to turn this month's playlist into a sort of soundtrack for my life in 2014.  Each month has its own song that describes the events from that time in some way.  It may be a song from a band I saw in concert that month, a song I couldn't stop listening to that month, or a song that describes a major life event from that month.  It was actually harder than I initially thought it would be to come up with 12 songs that somehow describe the last 12 months of my life, but I really enjoyed putting this playlist together.  Hopefully you'll enjoy listening to it!

December2014Playlist
Click on the link below to listen to this playlist.

1 comment:

  1. […]  I didn’t really want to do this, but it seemed like the best option.  You may recall from my last playlist post that Grooveshark had been randomly deleting some of the songs on my playlists, which was incredibly […]

    ReplyDelete