Thursday, September 3, 2015

Monthly Goals: August Results

I have to say that August was definitely not my month when it came to sticking with my goals. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because, for the most part, I didn't just say "fuck it" and ignore them. It's still kind of disappointing, though, because I was actually excited about my goals (which usually means I'll make more of an effort to achieve them).

Oh well ... I can't change anything now. I can only share what I did manage to accomplish and hope that I can get more shit done in September.

 photo AugustResults_zpscm0petr7.jpg

In August I wanted to:

1.  Read at least 7 books from start to finish.

2.  Write at least 2 more thoughtful, more personal posts.

3.  Try at least 2 new restaurants with Eric.

4.  Create a cocktail recipe and share it on my blog.

5.  Do at least 1 Jillian Michaels workout video each week.

What I actually did:

1.  I came really close to achieving this, but I only managed to finish 6. I started the seventh book on 08/30, but I knew there was no way I'd finish it by the end of the day on Monday. (Maybe if I didn't have to go to work!) 

The 6 books I finished were White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi, The Devil You Know by Elisabeth de Mariaffi, The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay, Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, and You by Caroline Kepnes. I shared my reviews for White is for Witching and The Devil You Know in this post, and I'll be joining the Show Us Your Books! link-up next week to share my thoughts on the rest of these books.

2.  I'm straddling the line of Pass/Fail with this one. I felt like my 30 Things I've Learned in 30 Years post was a little more thoughtful and personal ... I definitely stirred up some emotions while I was writing it! 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if any of my other August posts would qualify. I shared some personal things in my post about classic literature I love and again in my nostalgic "All About Pearl Jam" monthly playlist post ... But those weren't really the types of posts I was thinking of when I set this goal.

3.  Pass! We actually tried 3 new places: V. Mertz, Which Wich, and Toppers Pizza. They weren't all fancy, but they were all delicious!

4.  Clearly I didn't get around to this one since I didn't post any cocktail recipes. I still want to come up with a cocktail recipe at some point, but I doubt I'll get around to it this month.

5.  So close again! For the first 3 weeks in August, I stuck with Jillian. But that last week? I got really lazy. I was working out 3-4 times every week for about a month and a half or so, and I was so proud of myself. And then I just decided I didn't feel like working out that much, and I only went to one yoga class the final week of August. To be fair, several evenings I was busy with other things ... But I'm sure I could have squeezed in a 25 minute workout video.

So yeah ... I didn't do a terrible job with my goals last month, but I've definitely done better!

I need some more time to figure out what I want to commit to this month, so I'll be posting my September goals tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment