Sunday, June 7, 2015

Getting Back on Track: My June Goals

 photo June2015Goals_zpsto2m3cfw.jpg
Image provided by Pexels and edited by me.

























In yesterday's post I promised to share my goals for the month today. I initially wasn't going to stick with a theme since I wasn't sure I could come up with something clever every month, but then I realized that I already kind of had a basic theme in mind for June. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

This month my goals are all about getting back on track. I've steadily been slipping when it comes to my yearly goals (as I mentioned earlier this week), and I really want to make some positive changes this month.

My June 2015 Goals:


1.  Get back into a regular exercise routine. I was doing really well for a while, but several changes in my schedule made it more and more difficult to get to the gym on a regular basis. I'd like to work out at least 4 times each week with at least 1 day of cardio and/or strength training. If I can do more than 1 day of either of those, great, but I plan to spend the other 3 days in yoga classes. Yoga is my favorite form of exercise, and I'm much more likely to drag myself to the gym if I'm doing something I genuinely love.

2.  Use MyFitnessPal regularly. I love this app and I think it's incredibly useful, but if I don't track my calories and exercise for even one day, I stop using it for weeks (or months). I want to make some healthy changes, and this is such a great tool to help me stay on track. I just need to stop forgetting to log my shit!

3.  Post on my blog at least 3-4 times per week. When it comes to blogging, I'm all over the place. Some weeks I post several times, some weeks I post once, and some weeks I don't even bother posting anything at all. I do get pretty busy from time to time, but I'd really like to spend more time working on my blog. I really enjoy writing and sharing in this space, so I should make more of an effort to do it consistently.

4.  Get my recipe index up to date. I haven't updated it in a few weeks, and the longer I wait, the more work it will be.

Since I was out of town Monday through Friday and busy all day yesterday, my month of June will start today. I mean, until today I didn't use MyFitnessPal, I didn't exercise (except for walking around Philadelphia and airports, of course), and I didn't work on my recipe index. I did manage to get several posts up this week, but that was only because I actually planned ahead.

I'm the kind of person who needs some sort of schedule and order in her life, so I'm really excited to get back into a routine. Hopefully it will be a productive and healthy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment