Thursday, October 1, 2015

Monthly Goals: September Results

Since I knew September was going to be kind of a busy month for me, I kept my goals really simple. I didn't even make any fitness or healthy eating goals because I knew it would be too hard to stick with them while we were traveling. (I probably should have made at least one health related goal, though. I mean, did you see the shit I ate and drank while I was in Minnesota?)

 photo September2015Results_zpsdfe4t9xj.jpg

My goals for September were:

1.  Finish the Literary Ladies Summer Book Challenge.

2.  Watch at least 3 movies for the Fall Film Challenge.

3.  Try to come up with a schedule for reading/commenting on blogs.

Here are the results:

1.  Done! I actually finished with a few days to spare. I could have easily finished it much earlier, but I kept getting distracted with books that weren't part of the challenge. Oh, the struggles of a book nerd! (If you haven't seen my Literary Ladies Summer Book Challenge results and would like to, check out this post.)

2.  Done! I watched a total of 5 movies in September (so maybe there's hope that I'll actually get through most of my movie picks for this challenge!). I reviewed 3 of them here, though if you haven't read that post, I'll go ahead and tell you that my movie reviews aren't nearly as in-depth as my book reviews. I'm not cut out to be a movie critic, I guess. I watched a fourth movie for the challenge after I posted those reviews, and my fifth movie wasn't part of the challenge. (It was just a Netflix DVD that had been sitting in my apartment for way too long, and I didn't want to just send it back without watching it.)

3.  I was kind of 50/50 with this one. I've been a little better when it comes to keeping up with my blog reading and commenting (and responding to comments on my own blog, of course), but I still haven't figured out a great schedule for this. Sometimes I feel like I have a lot of extra time and manage to (mostly) get caught up on my reading/commenting, but then I'll have a busy week and the next time I open Bloglovin', I have 100+ unread posts. This is a work in progress, I guess.

September wasn't a bad month for me, but I also made things pretty easy on myself. I'd like to challenge myself a little more in October.

I'll be posting my October monthly goals in the next few days. I can't commit to a day yet because I haven't really thought about them that much ... I need some time to figure out what I'd like to do.

I know these posts aren't the most popular anyway, so I doubt anyone is going to be overly disappointed if I post my goals on, say, Sunday instead of Friday. These posts are mostly for me. If I share my goals in a public space, I'm more likely to work on them. Trust me, it's never fun to come back a month later only to write something like, "I really didn't accomplish much last month because I got busy/lazy/other random excuse."

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I typically end up sharing my how did I do posts on weekends. They are for me to be accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty bad about reading and commenting on blogs lately. I'm playing a little catch up today, but... my reader still says 195. Win some lose some!

    ReplyDelete